This article describes the integration of Tortoise Svn and Jetbrains Youtrack.
On the working folder of your project you need to set three properties (don’t forget to apply them recursively):
- bugtrac:message -> message for commit (%BUGID% is replaced with the issue number on commit)
- bugtrac:url -> url to youtrack server (%BUGID% is replaced with the issue number on commit)
- bugtrac:number -> false, because Youtrack uses an alphanumeric project id
If all is configured correctly you should be able to use the Youtrack IssueId in the commit dialog of Tortoise:
This work also if you use the Visual Studio Plugin AnkhSvn:
Now you can use integration of Youtrack in the Log Messages dialog of Tortoise. The entered Youtrack Id is converted to a working link to this issue.
Just click it to open the issue in youtrack.
Nice work. I will be bearing this in mind on my next project.
A couple of notes:
– Recent TortoiseSVN versions have a specific visual dialogue to enter all these properties (whether that makes it more or less helpful is another story).
– This feature shouldn’t be confused with the advanced integration that requires third-party plug-ins and allows to e.g. fetch tickets from the tracker.